Monday, May 16, 2011

So when I wrote the last post and said "not much has been going on lately" I lied. Just flat out lied. Actually something pretty significant has been going on but we were keeping it a secret.

I'm pregnant again and due this Thanksgiving. You tend to learn the lesson very quickly after just one miscarriage to keep your pregnancy quiet until you're outta the first trimester. Everything is moving along nicely and as of this post I'm 13 weeks along. We're still going to wait until the birth to see what "it" is and are pretty excited, although a little apprehensive of having two kids in the house.

This pregnancy is also the main reason why its been about a month or so since my last post when I am usually pretty good about updating it every other week or so. This morning sickness has been kicking my butt. I have a brief good period every day between 10am and 1pm and feel nauseous for the rest of the day. I am really hoping that the second trimester is better for me. So far? More of the same, although evenings can now be added to my good times of the day! That's something I guess!

Victoria is doing great. She's walking all over the place now and has definitely graduated to running. Its adorable to hear her little feet patter on the tiles of the kitchen. For those of you who have seen the TV show Family Guy, it sounds just like Stewie walking! She's not yet talking but has started to play around with some sounds other than a screech. I swear she said Ma-Ma the other day, but I am sure it was just babble and wishful thinking on my part.

She's 11 months now and I can't believe that she's coming up on 1 year old. Was it really a year ago that she was laying in the NICU bed with tubes all over her and requiring 3 nurses to change her and take her vitals because she had such a temper?! I think back to that time and how scared and frustrated and helpless both J.E.B. and I felt and think, wow, she's doing so great now.

J.E.B.'s doing great also. WTI has recently finished so he's around the house more. He's actually been working on another woodworking project and it is just about done. He's still doing the P90X workout (he just past day 60 out of 90) and is kicking butt with it.

I haven't been up to doing much in the way of my own sewing projects since I've been feeling like crap. The cute outfit I have in mind to make for V has been sitting on top of the sewing machine, pieces cut and pinned, just waiting to be stitched together. And, judging by how I still feel, it may sit there for a bit longer.

Here are some pictures from the last month or so. I also added a few new videos to dropshots.


Atlas has always been a snuggler and he was in heaven when J.E.B. laid down to watch TV that night. He (the dog) was passed out like this for a long time!





My first Mother's Day gift from J.E.B.--matching jammies! Man, they were comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment